While there are many systems to support your corporate learning and development needs, they are not all created equal. But how do you know what the right one is for your company’s needs? If you’re like most busy professionals, you want to take your training mobile without starting a year-long implementation process or re-writing massive amounts of content. There just isn’t enough time in the day to start that kind of commitment. But that doesn’t mean you should have to skip on features to save on time.
We’ve come up of a list of features and benefits that you should look for when selecting a mobile learning resource. If a mobile resource has all of these then you know you’ve got a good one!
- No re-authoring. You shouldn’t have to drop everything and re-write all of your learning materials in order to deliver a seamless mobile experience. There are platforms that allow cutting edge mobile and digital delivery without re-authoring.
- Make sure it’s really mobile. Many systems boast mobility, but don’t deliver a truly mobile experience. There is a big difference in ease-of-use and functionality between a web browser on a mobile device and a native app. Always make sure your mobility is warranted by an app for the best mobile delivery possible.
- Has to be interactive. To truly engage the learner and ensure they retain the information, the materials must be interactive. Highlighting, note-taking, collaborating should all be available within the app. Search capability makes a huge positive impact as well, and helps the learner to find what they need much faster.
- Updates or changes can be made instantly. Make sure whatever mobile resource you employ has the ability to instantly update. When you push a change, it should automatically disperse to every user, on any device.
- It has to be secure. Security is a top priority when it comes to corporate learning materials, which is why whatever platform you use to go mobile, must have a Digital Rights Management (DRM) system. A DRM makes sure that control of who sees content remains with the administrators. For example, if someone resigns, admin can immediately pull their rights to content off of their devices without worry.
- Has to support a variety of formats. You should be able to upload and distribute any format of content that you have, including video. PDFs, Word docs, PowerPoints, and more should be easily supported.
- Must be easy-to-use for learner and administrator. Find a mobile resource that is easy and doesn’t require training to use. Administrators can relax knowing their mobile delivery is seamless while learners engage with their materials in an easy-to-use way.
Make sure your mobile resource is right for your company’s learning needs and engages learners seamlessly.